Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall

Suddenly it's mid October. A cool wind blowing from the north and leaves turning deep red, then brown, then drifting to the ground. My green thumb is in its element. There's a particular spring in my step as I seize my rake and pile the leaves into neat rows in the gutter. My long suffering hubby disappears next door with a large crate of beer to distract and disable our greenie neighbors, a noted bunch of spoil sports and complainers. Then, as the laughter gets louder and more raucous, I sneakily bend over, light a match, and watch the white smoke curl heavenwards. There is no sweeter smell than the smoke of burning autumn leaves. May all opponents of leaf burning be condemned to rot away in a lower circle of Hell.
Of course my wardrobe has to take the earth colors too. That's a no-brainer.
Dress from Mrs Wetherby of course
Hair from Analog Dog
Skin Jesse from Belleza

No comments:

Post a Comment